For our design studio we are looking for open-minded creative people who both love to design and to experiment. You are interested in many things and as a designer you especially don`t want to work at the desk the whole day? If this addresses to you, then you’ve come to the right place!
Studio Bas Sala is an interdisciplinary design studio in Rotterdam. We design and make products, objects, and (interactive) installations. We spend a lot of time on (practical)research. We operate globally with projects in Europe and Latin America. In our well equipped workshop (Including cnc mills, 3d printer) we produce our products and make architectural and urban models for other companies.
Our designs invite you to sit, play, think, do nothing and often raise a smile. Innovation, interdisciplinary cooperation ( with professionals and non-professionals ) and qualitatively high end products play a central role in our work. Many of our projects are self initiated and focus not only on the physical design, but also on the way they are used.
In the near future we are working on the following projects:
– We develop a temporary pop-up bus stop, as incomparable object in public space – We coordinate a design project with dutch and Colombian designers and realize
the exhibition during the Dutch Design Week
– We design a new concept for rain barrels. This sounds dull. But is far from that. It’s gonna be the coolest rain barrel ever !
– In close collaboration with local residents, we are developing the temporary Hefpark in Rotterdam, where in
the near future a children’s playground will be built – ……..
This we expect from you :
– You like practical work and have experience with building products, furniture, models – You are curious and interested in many things
– You have a lots of energy and are motivated to discover new things
– You work independently and conceptually
– You are studying product / industrial / furniture / interior design, etc.
What we offer:
– A dynamic internship
– A young but highly experienced team
– Insights into our many and varied projects
– An allowance of € 150.- per month plus daily lunch * .
Studio Bas Sala is located in Rotterdam, in the midst of new cultural hotspots Zoho.
On www.bassala.com you will find some more information about the studio and our work.
Are you interested? Then send your CV, your portfolio and the desired starting date by mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to receiving your application! Studio Bas Sala
* In addition there is often the possibility of an Erasmus scholarship through your university