The admission deadline for international applicants is May 2nd, 2019.
MA in Design and Crafts – Leather Art and Design
- Application submitted through Dream Apply by 2 May 2019
- 50€ application fee
- Application documents will be processed only after the admission fee – 50 EUR – is received by the Estonian Academy of Arts. Please find further information here
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian, English or Russian (both, copies and translations have to be attested by notary)
- Copy of your Transcript of records (and translation into Estonian, English or Russian; both copy and translation must be attested by notary)
- Certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy)
- Copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
- Portfolio – Digital – in pdf format (max. 20 MB)
- Answer to following questions (add to application in PDF file)
- What are your expectations for our Design & Crafts program?
- Please map your focus of interests and describe your possible subjects for MA research.
- Where would you like to be professionally in 5 years? Where do you see yourself in the bigger picture of design & crafts
- What was your impulse to choose Estonian Academy of Arts? How did you get information about us?
- Interview via Skype (exact times for interviews will be sent after EAA has received all required documents).
Please send all the required documents by post to the address below by May 2nd, 2019 at the latest.
Estonian Academy of Arts
Põhja pst 7
Bachelor programme is taught in Estonian.
All motivated and creatively thinking people are suitable candidates. Manual skills or the wish to develop them, and an interest in leather as a material are a plus.
WHAT WE EXPECT
• Interest in the chosen field
• A diploma from an upper secondary school or document proving the same level of education
• At least 30 points in the state exams for native and foreign languages
We ask that the candidates bring along the following to the interview with the specialised committee: the assignments completed at home, as well as approximately 10 works of their own (drawings, paintings, sketches, specialised experiments, also as photos, etc.)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What should I do if I don’t get in?
Contact the department and ask for feedback. Develop yourself further based on the feedback, and try again.
Is it OK to apply several times?
Yes it is.