EKA, Põhja pst 7, Tallinn
EKA Design Showcase gala once again brings to the audience the best cooperation projects of EKA students from the past year with companies and public sector organizations. We welcome all current and future cooperation partners of EKA and those interested in future design!
Concepts, prototypes and ready-to-go solutions for companies and organizations such as PERH (North Estonia Medical Centre), Thermory, Tallinn City, INVL Eesti, Saku Vald and others will be presented during the presentation by the students of the Faculty of Design of EKA and Design & Technology Futures (joint curriculum of TalTech and EKA). For the first time, the projects created within the framework of LAETUS, the new business cooperation program of the Faculty of Design of EKA, will be presented.
The Estonian Academy of Arts has accumulated a very strong wealth of experience in carrying out cooperation projects over the years. The LAETUS cooperation program launched in 2022 has further expanded this field of activity. The program brings together EKA’s design field courses and business challenges of companies, offering synergy and fruitful cooperation.
According to Agris Peedu, chairman of the board of the long-term cooperation partner PERH, the cooperation with EKA has been very effective: “Not only have we received fresh ideas and useful recommendations for some existing activities, but thanks to EKA students and their supervisors, we have also identified bottlenecks that we have grown too accustomed to. We recommend a similar cooperation to everyone. Not to mention the positive energy that comes with the students and stays with us for a long time.”
Come to EKA Design Showcase and find new knowledge and inspiration on how to take your organization’s products or services to the next level with the help of new generation design and open innovation in cooperation with EKA!
Please register for the event HERE.
16.00 Greetings and introduction. Moderators Urmas Lüüs and Karin Kiigemägi
16.05 – 16.20 Welcoming words by Ruth-Helene Melioranski, Dean of the Faculty of Design
16.20 – 17.30 Presentations of EKA collaboration projects:
– “Welcome: Easying Hard Times” – Interaction Design MA students and North Estonia Medical Centre (PERH)
– “Journey: Colonoscopy” – Design & Technology Futures MA students and North Estonia Medical Centre (PERH)
– “Patient Referral Pathway” – Design & Technology Futures MA students and North Estonia Medical Centre (PERH)
– “For the Peace of Mind” – Interaction Design MA students and INVL Life Insurance
– “Look Down” – Interaction Design MA students and Tallinn Strategic Management Office
17.30 – 17.45 Coffee break
17.45 – 18.45 Presentations of EKA collaboration projects
– “Growing Area” – Product Design MA students and Thermory
– “BLOB” – Product Design MA students and Thermory
– “Estoplast Lighting Project” – Industrial Product Design BA students and Estoplast
18.45 – 19.00 Coffee break
19.00 – 19.50 Presentations of EKA collaboration projects:
– “Tallinn Quest” – Digital Product Design BA students and Visit Tallinn
– “Dopamine” – Digital Product Design BA students and Visit Tallinn
– “Development of a Pedestrian-Friendly Signage System for the Saku Sports Center” – Industrial Product Design BA students and Saku vald
– “Creation of the Concept of a Mobile Youth Center in the Municipality of Toila” – Product Design MA students and Toila Parish
– “Tallinn Children’s Home House Guide” – Product and Environment Design BA students and Tallinn Children’s Home
19.50 – 20.00 Conclusions and thank you
20.00 Networking, snacks
20.30 EKA building tour
Presentations are in Estonian and English, without translation.
It is possible to participate both on site at EKA (room A101) and watch the broadcast at http://tv.artun.ee/ or on Facebook.
We look forward to hearing from all current and future cooperation partners of EKA and those interested in future design!
Enterprise relations and project coordinator of EKA
Event is supported by the Cultural Endowment of Estonia.