The Estonian Academy of Arts has eight international Master’s programmes and two PhD programmes taught in English.
Next admission period starts in February 2022 and application deadline is 1 March 2022.
- Animation MA
- Contemporary Art MA
- Design and Crafts MA (specialities: Ceramics, Glass, Jewellery and Blacksmithing, Textile Design, Accessory Design or Fashion Design) NB! No admissions for 2022/2023 intake!
- Design and Technology Futures MSc (joint programme with TalTech)
- Graphic Design MA
- Interaction Design MA
- Literature, Visual Culture and Film Studies MA (joint programme with Tallinn University)
- Urban Studies MSc
- Art and Design PhD
- Architecture and Urban Design PhD
Why choose EKA for your studies?
- EKA is an island of freedom. EKA encourages innovation and experimentation, and students are able to take modules and workshops outside of their specialisations. Have an idea? Try it! You’ll find there’s refreshing lack of red tape here. Those who study at EKA soon discover a wide spectrum of possibilities.
- Small groups of carefully selected students enable a personal, one-on-one approach to instruction and family-like, close-knit atmosphere. EKA prides itself on the low student-to-professor ratio.
- The lecturers and instructors are professionals in their field — internationally recognised artists, architects, designers, historians, and scholars who provide unique, individualised study and personal mentorship in a quaint and synergetic atmosphere.
- Studies take place in a new award-winning building with an innovative and inspiring environment. The building is full of modern workshops, studios, labs and other facilities for our students and staff.