The Estonian Academy of Arts is a legal person, with registry code 74000624, and address Põhja pst 7, 10412 Tallinn.
In the course of our activities, we collect and use personal data concerning you in order to offer better service.
We safeguard your data and privacy in all of the ways required under current law. Measures for secure processing of personal data apply to all information systems and human-activity-related processes in use, as well as to employees, suppliers, clients, service providers and other parties who have access to the personal data processed by the Estonian Academy of Arts.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and use your data in order to offer you better service, perform agreements we have with you, and to abide by obligations arising from legislation in regard to collection and retention of personal data.
This means that we collect and use your personal data in the following cases:
- if you have given us consent to use your personal data;
- if you have entered into an agreement with us or are considering doing so;
- if a personal academic consultation is taking place;
- if targeted offers are being prepared or sent;
- if satisfaction surveys are being conducted;
- in order to ensure exercise of a legitimate interest in conformity with the data protection rules in force in the European Union (EU);
- if we have a legal obligation arising from any of the following legal acts:
- the Law of Obligations Act;
- the Taxation Act;
- Tax Information Exchange Act;
- Accounting Act;
- if necessary in the legitimate interests of the Estonian Academy of Arts, including for avoiding offences or damage, for strengthening security of IT systems or payments, or for direct marketing purposes. We do so only if our specific legitimate interest clearly outweighs your interest in non-processing of your personal data;
- if you interact with us as a representative of a legal person, we may, depending on the content and scope of our mutual communication, process your personal data for the following purposes:
- for performing our contractual obligations and offering services;
- for compliance with legal acts in force;
- for administrative purposes, including for security, support and maintenance of our systems, platforms and other digital applications;
- for ensuring sufficient security during visits to our premises;
- for taking necessary action for the prevention of crimes.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND USE?
In its everyday activity, the Estonian Academy of Arts processes different personal data, including:
- employees’ personal data (data of past, present and prospective employees);
- students’ data;
- data on visitors to the website;
- data on partners in cooperation.
Special categories of personal data
In its activities, Estonian Academy of Arts does not collect personal data on racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious or philosophical beliefs or membership in trade unions, genetic data, unique biometric data used for identification of an individual, health records or data on the individuals’ sex life and sexual orientation.
In the course of its activities, the Estonian Academy of Arts collects special category personal data only if we need such data to provide advice on services or to offer you service. We will ask for your explicit consent for processing special category personal data unless we are entitled by law to process the special category personal data without your consent (e.g. for lawfully pursuing claims).
We may also collect other personal data related to provision of services, including for the following activities, if necessary for offering you specific services or if required by law:
- development and management of our services and activity;
- marketing services;
- identification and verification of identity;
- protection of you and the Estonian Academy of Arts against fraud;
- conformity and compliance with valid legal requirements.
We collect data directly from you or through tracking your activities, e.g. if you:
- complete applications or other forms for the purpose of obtaining services;
- you submit to us documents in hard copy or via electronic correspondence;
- you call us by telephone;
- you use our website and services;
- you participate in our studies, surveys or advertising campaigns.
We retain your data only as long as necessary for the purpose for which the data were collected and used.
THIRD PARTIES AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Third parties to whom we disclose your personal data
In some cases, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have asked us to do so;
- it is required or allowed by law;
- you have given prior consent for us to do so.
Examining your personal data
You may examine the personal data collected and used concerning yourself, the sources of the data, and the purposes of use of the data. You are entitled to information on how long we retain your data and to whom and to what extent we transmit your data. Your right to examine your personal data may be limited by valid legal acts and the rights of other persons to their privacy.
Right to object
You have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning yourself, for example if we invoke a legitimate interest in processing the data.
Correction or deletion of data
If your data are incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you have the right to demand that the data be corrected or deleted, considering the restrictions arising from legal acts in force and the rights related to processing of data.
Restriction of use of data
If you believe the data we have collected concerning yourself are not correct, or if you have objected to the use of the data, you may demand that we limit use of these data solely to retention of the data. Use shall be limited solely to retention until the accuracy of the data can be verified or it is established that our legitimate interests outweigh your interests.
If you have the right to demand deletion of data, you may instead demand that we limit the use of data solely to retention of the data. If we need the data collected concerning yourself only for pursuing or protecting legal claims, you may demand that the data not be used in a manner other than retention.
If your consent was required for use of the data, you may rescind the consent at any time. We do draw your attention to the fact that if you rescind your consent, it may not be possible for us to offer you certain services. We will also continue to use your personal data for performing agreements with you, where applicable, or proceeding from requirements arising from legal acts.
Transferability of data
If we use data on the basis of your consent or agreement and the data processing is automated, you are entitled to a copy of your submitted data in electronic machine-readable format.
When you visit the Estonian Academy of Arts website, our data analytics and advertising partners (Google Analytics, Facebook etc.) can also install cookies on your device.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The Estonian Academy of Arts retains personal data for solely the minimum time necessary. Personal data whose retention term has expired are destroyed or erased using the best practices.
The Estonian Academy of Arts ensures protection and appropriate security for personal data, including against unauthorized or unlawful processing and accidental loss, destruction or damage, by using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
Only processors with the necessary privileges have access to personal data, and only in a scope necessary for achieving the purpose arising from legitimate interest.
The Estonian Academy of Arts affirms that it abides by the requirements for protection of personal data in force in the European Union. The Estonian Academy of Arts does its utmost to keep personal data safe. We process personal data only for specific, legitimate purposes and only in the scope necessary for such purposes.
In the event of any incident occurring in regard to personal data, the Estonian Academy of Arts shall adopt all necessary measures for mitigating the consequences and similar risks in future.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NOTIFICATIONS
Notifications are offers sent to subscribers through communication channels and which the Estonian Academy of Arts believes may be of interest to the subscriber.
You may unsubscribe from notifications at any time. To unsubscribe from the notifications and newsletters sent by EKA by email, visit the link at the end of the email message.
By joining a notification or newsletter recipient list, you give consent to retain and process your personal data pursuant to our rules. Personal data are not shared with third parties.
The Estonian Academy of Arts handles your personal data pursuant to EU data protection legislation and other data protection legislation.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS