Rector Mart Kalm at the EKA 2020 graduation ceremony, wearing a vizor designed by our product design students
Instructions until January 24
– EKA students are not allowed to enter the EKA building except for practical work in workshops and studios or for taking exams (incl. thesis defenses, evaluations, assessments). Practical training takes place in workshops, studios and laboratories on a pre-arranged basis and the “2+2” rule must be followed. In justified cases, an individual study room is provided on the basis of prior reservation.
– Open Academy courses will take place from the distance only.
– Hygiene requirements must be followed closely in the building (including the use of existing handwashing and disinfection facilities) and close contact should be avoided.
– Only persons showing no signs of illness may enter the EKA building.
– A mask must be worn in the EKA building in public areas, workshops, auditoriums and other workplaces if more than one person is present.
– In order to prevent the spread of the virus, everyone whose work allows it should work remotely, in coordination with their immediate supervisor.
– Administrative meetings, as well as any other EKA meetings, should be organized online.
– The library of EKA is closed and books are lent only upon prior reservation.
– Equipment may be rented only upon prior reservation.
– Printing is possible at the printing workshop upon previous agreement with the workshop master.
– The canteen is closed.
– The gallery is open from January 19. Entrance to the EKA gallery is from Kotzebue street.
Instructions from January 25
– Studies are conducted from distance, except practical studies and defense procedures, evaluations, exams, seminars that require direct contact learning. The 50% occupancy requirement is observed in study rooms, except in workshops, studios and laboratories, where you are on a basis of timetable or by prior booking.
– The EKA building is open from 8:00-23:00. Entrance is from the main door with the security card. Persons, who do not have a security card (guest lecturers, Open Academy students, guests) must ring the doorbell. Entrance to the EKA gallery is from Kotzebue street.
– While in the EKA building, a protective mask is required (except in case of medical contraindications). Hygiene requirements must be followed closely in the building and close contact should be avoided. Only persons showing no signs of illness may enter the EKA building.
– In order to prevent the spread of the virus, everyone whose job allows it, should work remotely, if agreed with their immediate supervisor.
– If possible, avoid close contact and communicate by e-mail, telephone or video call. Meetings are recommended to be held online.
– All guests entering the EKA building must be registered on the EKA guest registration form, not including library visitors, who must be registered in the library, and EKA gallery visitors, who must be registered in the gallery.
– Public events and group visits are not held in the EKA building.
– Library and equipment rentals are open.
– The cantine is open, the tables are scattered and the cantine instructions must be followed.
– As of 1 February, 2021 groups of up to 10 students may hold lifelong learning classes that can not be held from distance.
– In case of contracting COVID-19, please inform the Head of Quality Assurance (email@example.com) immediately so that close contacts can be directed to self-isolation and we can avoid a major outbreak in our community.
The Crisis Committee will monitor the situation and, if necessary, make changes to the instructions.