Rector Mart Kalm at the EKA 2020 graduation ceremony, wearing a vizor designed by our product design students
Last modified 6 April
Instructions until 25 April
– Studies will take place at distance until the end of the spring semester (9 May 2021).
– Until 11 April only final year students may enter the EKA building with prior booking to do practical works. Limited amount of workstations can be booked for graduates (list of rooms below).
– Between 12.–25. April all students may use certain EKA rooms in the frames of practical coursework. This applies to only specific workshops, studios, and labs with prior booking and students must spread out. Limited amount of workstations can be booked in the following workshops, labs, studios and computer labs:
|A205||Monumental Painting Studio||B510||Bookbinding Studio|
|A404||Computer Class||B511||Accessory Studio|
|A405||Analogue Darkroom||B602||Ceramics Workshop|
|A407||Computer Class||B604||Glass Workshop|
|B104||Woodworking Shop||C101.1||Computer Class|
|B106||Metalworking Shop||C201||Painting Studio|
|B204||Prototyping Lab||C404||3D Lab|
|B206||Sculpting Studio||C408||VR Lab|
|B304||Scenography Studio||D305||Digital Printing|
|B306||New Media Sound Studio||D308||Conservation Studios|
|B307||Computer Class||D308.1||Conservation Lab|
|B308||New Media Workshop||D412||Architectural Conservation|
|B313||Animation Studio||D502||Textile Printing Studio|
|B404||Photo and Video Studio||D503||Knitting Studio|
|B409||Graphics Studio||D505||Weaving Studio|
|B504||Jewellery Workshop||D507||Sewing Studio|
The rooms listed above can be booked on Google Drive. The booking rights have been given to workshop employees, heads of curricula and study specialists.
– The EKA building can be accessed only in justified cases via the main door by ringing the doorbell (only employees’ door cards function).
– Only persons showing no signs of illness may enter the EKA building.
– A protective mask must be worn and sanitary precautions followed in the building; close contact should be avoided.
– All students may obtain their works and belongings on an ongoing basis. Please contact your head of curricula to set up the retrieval.
– Visiting staff may conduct their Zoom lessons in the EKA building on condition that a room (incl equipment) is booked and the teaching staff member is in the room alone. Classrooms are booked by study specialists.
– The workshops that were planned for the week of specialty electives/workshops (15–19 March, 2021) and cannot be conducted from distance, are to be planned for the period of 17 May – 18 June, 2021.
– The spring semester grades must be confirmed by 20 June, 2021 (except for graduating seniors whose evaluation deadline is 19 May, 2021)
– Open Academy courses take place at distance only.
– Managers should direct employees to home offices if the work permits.
– The EKA library is closed and books are lent only upon prior reservation. More info: https://www.artun.ee/en/studies/library/.
– The gallery is closed.
– The canteen is closed.
– In case of contracting COVID-19, please inform the academic affairs Senior Specialist Helen Jürgens immediately (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to quickly determine and direct close contacts to self-isolation.
– In general matters regarding the crisis, please write to email@example.com.
The Crisis Committee will monitor the situation and, if necessary, make changes to the instructions.