The admission deadline for international applicants is May 3rd, 2018.
• application for admission to MA study
• copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian, English or Russian (both, copies and translations have to be attested by notary).
• copy of your Transcript of records (and translation into Estonian, English or Russian; both copy and translation must be attested by notary).
• copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card.
• Application documents will be processed only after the admission fee – 50 EUR – is received by the Estonian Academy of Arts. Please find further information here.
• Portfolio – submit in pdf format with application papers. Please present spatial design projects, minimum amount of five. Add supportive renderings, drawings, photos, diagrams and texts.
• Essay of possible MA thesis topics (max 1500 characters, pdf format). Add visual materials if needed.
• Short video of a spatial intervention carried out by the applicant in public space, with the goal to draw attention to a common spatial problem. It is important to showcase the essence of the problem before intervention, the process of the intervention and the possible change created by user reactions. Both indoor and outdoor problems can be investigated. The amount of material used for the intervention is not important; the clip will be assessed on the relevance of the problem selected and how comprehensive is the summary of the results. If needed, diagrams, text, or other visual material can be used in the clip. The message of the clip is more important than the production; material filmed and edited with mobile phone is also suited. Please upload the video up in YouTube, Vimeo or other video-sharing site and provide a link to the clip in your essay on 3rd of May the latest.
• Interview via Skype (exact times for interviews will be sent after EAA has received all required documents).
Please send all the required documents by post to the address below by May 3rd, 2018 at the latest.
Estonian Academy of Arts
Estonia pst 7
Phone: +372 626 7305