BA programme admission information
Graphic Design bachelor programme is taught only in Estonian, admission information can be found here. The minimum level of Estonian language skills must be B2.
MA programme admission information
Click here to begin the application process.
The admission deadline for international applicants is February 29, 2020.
Admission interviews will be held on March 18—19, 2020.
- Application (submitted through Dream Apply between 01.–27.02.2020)
- 50€ application fee (paid via bank transfer)
- Copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation into Estonian, English or Russian (both, copies and translations have to be attested by notary).
- Copy of your Transcript of Records (and translation into Estonian, English or Russian; both copy and translation must be attested by notary).
- Certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy), see the requirements HERE
- Copy of the data page of your passport or ID-card
- Tuition fee: 2000 Euros per year (for both EU and non-EU candidates)
- CV (max 2 pages)
- Motivation letter (500 words)
- Include background, interests, influences, and the current direction of your work
- Identify the reasons for pursuing an MA in Graphic Design, expectations of the program, and intended use of the two years of study
- Portfolio (as PDF, max 60MB)
- Include 10–15 projects, with each project supported by a selection of 4–6 images and a 50-word description
- This can include a mix of professional commissions, self-initiated work, BA projects, unrealized and in-progress work, or anything which might be relevant for consideration
- If including video work, use still-frames for the PDF, with an external link to the video
Application candidates for the MA in Graphic Design program are expected to be self-motivated, able to work independently, question and further develop their practice, and show concern for issues and ideas which engage social, cultural and political contexts. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree. Those who apply from a discipline outside of graphic design are expected to have an aptitude for critical inquiry and the ability to engage with design at a high level.
Applications will be reviewed in early March, and selected candidates will be invited for an interview with the staff of the Graphic Design department. Interviews will take place on 18–19 March 2020, where applicants will be expected to come with their physical work and have a discussion about their intentions for the two years of study. A Skype interview can be arranged for those who cannot come for an in-person interview. Each year, 8–10 students will be admitted.