ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS FOR ESTONIANS! Further information here – https://www.artun.ee/sisseastumine/magistriope/vastuvotuinfo/ or firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on their background discipline, prospective students have an outstanding portfolio of either design or written work (realized or published work is not required, but is an advantage) in a field relevant to the discipline of Urban Studies (architecture, planning, social sciences, art history, etc.). Students’ strong interest in urban phenomena, manifested in their previous work at the level of design skills and/or research experience is decisive. Crucially, prospective students are able to manifest that they are willing and capable to integrate these two forms of urban knowledge in their Master’s studies. Prospective students are able to formulate original questions, problems and approaches that they would like to pursue during the Master’s studies.
Fluent command of English language is required.
The process of selecting prospective students has two rounds. In the first round, the applicants are assessed based on the submitted portfolio of written and/or design work, motivational letter and the CV.
In the second round, in-depth interviews are conducted with prospective candidates.
- application for international students or application for Estonian students
- 50€ application fee does not apply for applicants with an Estonian diploma)
- copy of the data page of your passport or ID card
- copy of Bachelor’s degree certificate or equivalent and its translation to English, Estonian, or Russian language (both the copy and translation must be verified)
- official transcript of records translated into English, Estonian, or Russian (must be verified)
- proof of English language proficiency
- either a recognized test: TOEFL ITP 510+, TOEFL iBT 70+, IELTS: 5,5+, FCE C+, or CAE/CPE C+
- present a sample of relevant work, which can be either writing (essays, papers, articles), design (architecture, urban, art), or a combination.
- Portfolios must be single PDF document (A4 or A3, max 8 MB), up to 20 pages.
- motivational letter
- Reflect on the questions, “What is the city? Is there such thing as the city?” Discuss with respect to architecture and society. Please explain how you would benefit from the programme, and describe the relevance of your education and experience to the programme.
- 500 words limit
- Tuition fee: 1000 Euros per year (for citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein; Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Russia and Switzerland)
The admission period starts on 1 March and ends on 2 May 2019.
Interview dates for candidates accepted to the second round: 13.05 .2019.
NB! Students graduating after the application deadline may submit their educational certificates later.
They must contact the international student adviser (email@example.com).