Master of Contemporary Art
MACA – Master of Contemporary Art
Interested in studying art (M.A.) at the Estonian Academy of Arts in Tallinn? Find all the information you need here!
APPLY HERE! Application Deadline: May 02, 2019
What does the MACA programme offer?
- Author-focused tutoring for contemporary artists
- Freedom of designing Your individual curriculum within a diverse programme that offers theoretical tools and practical training
- Access to professional studios of sound art, lens-based art, installation and sculpture, graphic art and painting
- Collaborations with international artists, curators, philosophers, theorists and gallerists
- A continuous programme of off-site events, study trips, exhibitions in galleries, museums, collaboration with different art institutions / universities and student exchange (KUNO, DAMA, ERASMUS)
- Access to the experimental student-run artist spaces ISFAG and Vent Space for all possible forms of art presentation and development
- A critical discursive environment for discussions about making, displaying and thinking about contemporary art and contemporary society
EKA offers a well-rounded and multifaceted approach to Your study of Fine Arts. Contemporary art, criticism and theory, author-based architecture, innovative and skill-based design, animation and stage art and curatorial practices are combined for thorough interdisciplinary studies.
Why Estonia? – Everything is close, everything is possible.
With roughly 1.3 million citizens, Estonia is one of the smallest countries in the European Union. Not only is it located in the perfect spot to visit Scandinavia, Russia and other Baltic countries, its size and history also make it possible to have an unique study experience.
In Estonia, all important connections and resources are within an arm’s length. It is easy to access the different political, commercial, social and educational institutions.
EKA offers its students several opportunities to exhibit their work in Estonia and abroad each semester. Our partners in art presentation and other activities are the Estonian Contemporary Art Museum, Contemporary Art Estonian Center, Kumu Art Museum, Tallinn Art Hall and the Artists’ Association’s Galleries in the city centre. EKA also cooperates with the Tallinn Technical University, Tallinn University, and the Estonian Music Academy.
(And it is even not too difficult to reach the President, if this would be important for your art.)
Find out more about the Estonian art scene in this article by Kate Brown.
To find out more about studying and living in Estonia, visit www.studyinestonia.ee
Do not hesitate to apply for the programme if:
The development of your individual artistic practice is important for you. If the processes in society matter to you and you are passionate about your surroundings. If you like to think, imagine, create and dream. If you are motivated and ambitious, dedicated and enthusiastic, have creative confidence and critical thinking.
Find out how to apply here!
Application deadline: May 2, 2019
Any questions? Contact us!