International MA Programme of Contemporary Art
The programme offers:
- Author-focussed tutoring for contemporary artists
- Local and visiting artists, curators, philosophers, theorists and gallerists working with students
- Individual freedom to design one’s own curriculum, within a diverse programme that offers theoretical tools and practical trainings
- The option to develop one’s art practice through the studios of sound art, lens-based art, installation and sculpture, graphic art and painting
- Individual and group tutorials, cross-faculty group critique sessions
- Commitment to developing and profounding conceptual and social ideas in an individual art practice
- A critical discursive environment for discussions about making, displaying and thinking about contemporary art and contemporary society
- Flexible studio spaces and workshops in a new building of the Academy
- Access to technical workshops across the Academy, with specialists to assist all students projects: virtual prototyping and 3D printing studios, traditional and digital print workshops, analogue and digital darkrooms, photo studio, sound recording and filming studios, wood and metal workshops, modern black box, and the monumental sculpture studio
- A continuous programme of off-site events, study trips, exhibitions
- Opportunities for exhibitions in galleries, museums, study trips and collaboration with different art institutions and universities and exchange programs (KUNO, DAMA, ERASMUS)
What makes EKA special?
EKA offers a well-rounded and multifaceted approach to learning. Contemporary art, criticism and theory, author-based architecture, innovative and skill-based design, animation and stage art, curatorial practices are combined for thorough interdisciplinary studies.
Here, you can be part of making something that really matters. Your artistic impact would be noticed and would make an impact.
Everything is close; everything is possible.
Estonia is small; all important connections and resources are within arm’s length. We cooperate closely with Tallinn Technical University, Tallinn University, and the Estonian Music Academy.
We arrange art events and exhibitions with the Estonian Contemporary Art Museum, Kumu Art Museum, Tallinn Art Hall and the Artists’ Association’s Galleries in the city centre.
It is easy to access the different political, commercial, social, educational institutions.
(And it is even not too difficult to reach the President, if this would be important for your art.)
Do not hesitate to apply if:
The development of your individual artistic practice is important for you. If the processes in society matter to you and you are passionate about your surroundings. If you like to think, imagine, create and dream. If you are motivated and ambitious, dedicated and enthusiastic, have creative confidence and critical thinking.
- NO TUTION FEE for 2 best candidates!
- 1500 Euros per year (for citizens of EU, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein; Turkey, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Russia and Switzerland)
- 2500 Euros per year (for citizens of non EU countries)
Application deadline: May 3, 2018
- Kirke Kangro, Dean of Fine Arts, Professor
- Liina Siib, Professor
- Raul Keller, Professor
- Taavi Talve, Professor
- Marge Monko, Professor
- Margit Säde, Associate Professor
- Merike Estna, Associate Professor
- Kristi Kongi, Associate Professor
- Laura Kuusk, Associate Professor
- Reimo Võsa-Tangsoo, Associate Professor
- Oliver Laas, Associate Professor
- Eve Kask, Associate Professor