Admission period for international PhD applicants for 2021/2022 is closed.
Next admission period starts on 1st of February 2022. Exact time schedule and updated admission requirements will be added here in autumn 2021.
International PhD applicants
- who have completed their previous study level in Estonia;
- who are about to graduate from an institution in Estonia;
- who have completed their previous studies abroad but have confirmed their educational certificates with ENIC/NARIC Centre
may apply via SAIS 14-28 June 2021.
Documents can be submitted on site at EKA on June 28.
Admission intervies will take place June 30 – July 6.
Based on submitted documents the commission will make the decision who will be invited to the interview.
The requirement for admission to doctoral studies is a Master’s degree or other equivalent qualification. Nominal duration of doctoral studies is four years and study load is 240 ECTS.
The Estonian Academy of Arts offers following PhD level programmes for international applicants:
– application for admission to doctoral studies filled in in SAIS: 14th of June – 28th of June, 2021;
– certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy). Please see requirements HERE.
– CV (please find the form from here)
– portfolio (Art and Design)
– portfolio or defended Master’s Thesis (Architecture and Urban Planning)
– motivation letter
– supervisor’s academical CV (needed if supervisor is from another university)
The exam result (grade, max 10 points) will be based on the interview, PhD thesis project and portfolio or defended MA thesis.
Application documents will be processed only after we have received all the required documents.
Verification of English skill with international language tests:
Minimum requirements set by EKA:
– TOEFL ITP: min 543
– TOEFL iBT: min 72
– IELTS: min 5,5
According to the latest regulation of IELTS test, IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) should be sent directly from the test centre to the receiving institution.
– FCE: min 160
– Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): min 59
Please see more info about languge requirements HERE
01.07 Architecture and Urban Planning
06.07 Art and Design
Coordinator of doctoral studies
phone: +372 53 068 909
Phone: +372 6267 305
Põhja puiestee 7, D206