Admission period for 2020/2021 academic year starts early 2020. More information soon!
The requirement for admission to doctoral studies is a Master’s degree or other equivalent qualification. Educational certificates issued abroad are recognised by Estonian Academy of Arts on the basis of the assessments and opinions of the Estonian ENIC/NARIC Centre. Nominal duration of doctoral studies is four years and study load is 240 ECTS.
The Estonian Academy of Arts offers following PhD level programmes for international applicants:
To apply for the position of a doctoral student, you need to fill in the application for the doctoral studies:
– application for admission to doctoral studies filled in in internet
– a certified copy of diploma (both BA and MA) verifying the acquired level of education and of diploma supplement and its translation into Estonian, English or Russian (both, copies and translations have to be attested by notary).
- certificate of foreign language skills (attested copy)
The admission deadline for international applicants is May 2nd, 2019.
– CV (please find the form from here)
– portfolio (Art and Design)
– portfoilo or defended Master’s Thesis (Architecture and Urban Planning)
– motivation letter (Architecture and Urban Planning)
– project of the doctoral thesis (please find the form from here)
– supervisor’s academical CV (needed if supervisor is from another university)
– passport or ID-card (scanned version uploaded to the application)
The exam result (grade, max 10 points) will become according to the interview, PhD thesis project and portfolio or defended MA thesis.
Application documents will be processed only after we have received all the required documents.
* Application documents will be processed only after admission fee – 50 EUR – is received by the Estonian Academy of Arts. Please find further information here.
Verification of English skill with international language tests:
Minimum requirements set by EAA:
– TOEFL ITP: min 510
– TOEFL iBT: min 70
– IELTS: min 5,5
According to the latest regulation of IELTS test, IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) should be sent directly from the test centre to the receiving institution.
– FCE: min C
– CAE/CPE: min C
– Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic): min 51
Põhja pst 7
phone: +372 53 068 909
Põhja pst 7, room D206