The Estonian Academy of Arts Faculty of Architecture’s 3D Lab (3DL) was created to test experimental architectural solutions and details and to apply contemporary technical solutions in academics and research projects.
The activities of 3DL can be divided into the following interconnected basic areas:
● Linking parametric architecture and design with physical prototyping.
● 3D mapping and modelling large-scale objects.
● Linking architectural and construction parameters with databases.
● Analysis of cities and regions in connection with spatial processes and the environment.
● Mass adaptation of buildings in connection with analysis of their functioning and efficacy