The third EKA Summer Academy ”Possible Futures” is moving full speed ahead. 29 days, 7 courses, 34 countries and 142 participants – all packed into one memorable summer indulged in the world of art, design, research and architecture. The Summer Academy welcomes all of those interested to get acquainted with the wide spectrum of international master’s or doctoral programmes taught at the Estonian Academy of Arts.
During the month, participants get to quench their knowledge-thirst in 7 different topics, all taught in English:
- Speculative and Critical Design – Special Programs Think Tank (29.07-02.08)
- Sculptural Headwear – Couture Millinery (02.08-08.08)
- The Contemporary Art Field in Estonia (14.08-16.08)
- Wood and Design (18.08-24.08)
- Clay 3D Printing (19.08-26.08)
- Introduction to Egg Tempera Painting (19.08-26.08)
- Numbers and Cognition in the Urban Environment (19.08-23.08)
The first workshop “Service and Critical Design – Special Programs Think Tank” is almost coming to its end with a row of presentations today, August 2nd, at EKA room A-501 at 13:00. In parallel with the presentations we are also launching our second course “Sculptural Headwear – Couture Millinery”.
The EKA international summer academy is taking place within the framework of the “EKA Summer Academy of Art, Design and Architecture – Possible Futures” project funded by the European Regional Development Fund.