Buddy student with a group of international students on a canoe trip in March 2023
The International Office invites all EKA students to apply for a buddy student position to help our new international degree and exchange students to feel welcome at EKA and in Estonia! If you are familiar with the stress and confusion brought on by new and exciting life changes and you wish to help new fellow students in their situation, then you might be the one we are looking for!
Buddy student position gives You a possibility to support and consult new international students before and during their studies at EKA as well as organize joint events and/or outings to give them an opportunity to get to know life in Estonia and each other in a fun and active way. All instructions for good practices will be given at training held before-hand and throughout the period you will be assisted by a coordinator as well.
YOU GET TO:
- Help international students to settle into the student life at EKA.
- Test your organizational skills, arrange different events and take part in all of this yourself
- Develop your communication and cultural sensitivity skills.
- Gain new experiences, establish new contacts and get friends from all over the world
- Help to find answers to questions related to local everyday life and at the same time develop your problem solving skills
- Practice your foreign language skills
- Include the buddy-student experience in your CV
- Get some nice EKA souvenirs
- Have 3 ECTS per study year
- Receive a scholarship up to 500€ per semester
WE LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Willingness to contribute throughout the study year 2023/2024 (starting from August)
- Participation at the meetings held by the International Office
- Initiative to organize events for new international students
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Standby to support students and be there for them at all times
Fill in the application form HERE due May 5.
Once the deadline has passed all applications will be sent to the EKA scholarship committee who will make their selection by mid July. The selection will be based on the short explanation written in a student’s application and (if necessary) on feedback received from the speciality department.
More information about the course here: https://tahvel.edu.ee/#/subject/36990
(before clicking the link, please log into your Tahvel account)
Future buddy students must be ready to participate in meetings held on the following dates:
– June 5. An info hour to introduce legislation, specific credits regulations for exchange students and everything else important related to EKA.
– August 14. Estonian language and culture course for new international degree and exchange students begins
– August 19 and August 26. Buddy students will organize joint activites for the students participating in Estonian language and culture course
– September 2. An onboarding event and field trip for all the new international, exchange and buddy students
In case of questions please turn to: firstname.lastname@example.org or +372 519 277 16