Apply for Erasmus+ scholarship 2020/2021: deadline 1st of March 2020!
Info meeting on February 13th at 15.00 in room A403.
See the application information below.
Erasmus+ general rules
ERASMUS + mobility general rules:
- Erasmus+ programme covers EU + Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Turkey, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia.
- ERASMUS + programme enables to participate on every study level max 12 months (studies + training + recent graduate training).
- The student will receive scholarship according to monthly rate which are different for exchange studies. Click here to see the rates.
- The student may apply for additional funding from state and private funds, but in case you receive another scholarship from EU, then you cannot receive Erasmus funding anymore (the agreement will be with „0“ grant).
- If you are a fee-paying student, then you still need to pay the tuition fee during the semester abroad (unless you are on an academic leave)
- Students with special needs may apply for additional funding.
Contact international office: email@example.com
Erasmus+ exchange studies
- Period 1 or 2 semesters, minimum 3 months (90 days)
- You may go for exchange studies several times, however, during one study level you can have Erasmus+ scholarship for max 12 months.
- First you have to submit application for Erasmus+ scholarship to EKA committee; after receiving approval, you can apply to the partner university.
- Erasmus+ study results of your exchange period have to be transferred and appear on your EKA diploma supplement.
Erasmus+ traineeship / recent graduate traineeship
- Erasmus+ training period is 2- 12 months
- Scholarship can be used for training as part of the studies and within 12 months after graduation. Please note that you have to apply for recent graduate traineeship during your last semester.
- Students will have to find the training host organisation themselves.
- Even if you don’t have the final confirmation from host organisation, you can still apply for the grant.
- It’s compulsory to have health and accident insurance coverage. The student is responsible for buying it before starting the internship period.
Application procedure 2020/2021
- Fill in the online application form and choose your exchange options from the list of partner universities
- Deadline for submitting the application is March 1st at 23.59
- Add your motivation letter and portfolio as a web link to the online application form (use google docs for sharing your files, for example).
- In case of exchange studies, you may choose 3 partner universities (list them according to your preference)
- For traineeship you should insert the country and host institution. Students will have to find the training place individually. If you are still looking, but would like to use the grant next year, then it’s allowed to leave the host details open, but still apply for the scholarship.
- All applications have to be approved by the study office and also the specialty department (confirmation will be asked by the international office)
- In case the number of submitted applications exceeds available places, the decision will be made by the scholarship committee. The committee will take into account the portfolio and motivation letter, preference is given for older year students.
- After the International Office has confirmed receiving the scholarship and your choice of partner university (-ies), you should prepare your exchange application according to the partner university requirements.
- The student is personally responsible for sending the exchange application to partner university by the deadline.
Partner universities are on 3 separate sheets in the table: Erasmus+ EU partners, partner universities outside EU and partner universities in Switzerland.
We have funding for exchange studies in EU partner institutions. Switzerland offers scholarship for incoming students. Outside EU scholarships depend on the project result* – EKA is applying for funding this spring and the results will be announced in the beginning of June.
*Currently we have one grant to offer for exchange studies in Israel and one for Palestine (both for one semester).
You may sort the partners list according to your faculty and study level. Please note that the intake of exchange students may vary from semester and specialty. We recommend you to investigate the partner university website (“incoming exchange” or Erasmus+ section). Turn to EKA International Office in case you have questions.
Erasmus + mobility: language preparation
• Online language tests tests are compulsory before and after mobility, unless your exchange studies or traineeship is carried out in your native language.
• There might be a possibility to get a voucher for online language course of these above mentioned languages. This is in the case when student’s language is below the level requested by the host institution.
• The language test result does not affect your possibilities of getting accepted by the partner school (the test will be taken after you have been accepted by the host institution).
Study information for students going abroad
Students can have extension of nominal study time according to number of semesters spent abroad (1-2) in the following conditions:
- Exchange studies/traineeship has taken place during your nominal time
- You have stayed abroad at least 3 months
- You have transferred minimum 15 ECTS.
- Please turn to your faculty’s study coordinator for detailed explanation about the credit transfer.